The following terms apply to your use of the Lived Equity website www.livedequity.com (‘the Website’) and all content which may be accessed in several ways, including but not limited to the world wide web and mobile devices. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access Lived Equity content, on whatever device. By using this website you are deemed to have accepted the following conditions.
Lived Equity website has a number of restricted areas to members, allied organisations and authorised administrators only. By completing the registration member details and by entering your login details, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Also, by subscribing to any of our email services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. Copyright of the Website is owned by Lived Equity and its licensors. The Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of the Website without the express written permission of Lived Equity. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
2. The names, images and logos identifying Lived Equity or third parties and their products and services, are proprietary marks of Lived Equity, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Lived Equity reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
3. Content on the Lived Equity Website is provided for general informative purposes only to inform you about Diversity & Inclusion developments which may be of interest. At no point does it constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon for this purpose. Use of content on the Website is entirely at your own risk.
4. Lived Equity accepts no liability for any computer viruses and other malicious programs on the Website and you must take your own precautions in this respect.
5. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Lived Equity makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be interrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
6. This Website contains links to other websites. Lived Equity accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by Lived Equity of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. Parts of the Lived Equity website contain advertising and sponsorship. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material, which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
8. We can change these Terms at any time, without notice, and your continued use of the Services after any change we make will mean that you agreed with the changes. Please note that in the event that you do not agree to any change, please do not access the Lived Equity website for any purpose.
Lived Equity Membership
Areas of the Lived Equity website are restricted to registered members and subscribers and are controlled by username and password. We allow you to access these restricted areas of the site on the basis that:
1. Your username and password are personal to you and shall not be used by anyone else to access these restricted areas;
2. You provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by Lived Equity in the account application;
3. You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another individual, organisation or brand;
4. You have read, understood and comply with these Terms & Conditions.
Lived Equity reserves the right to cancel your membership to the site and/or refuse you access to restricted areas immediately and without giving you any advance notice. Lived Equity shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
Lived Equity Website facilities including network forums, events, training modules
1. Users of the Lived Equity Website may submit material for publication in sections of the Website. Some of these areas are restricted to members only. Lived Equity accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by Lived Equity. Lived Equity is not responsible for its content or accuracy.
2. If you want to submit material to the Website you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
A) You grant Lived Equity a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format, and you warrant to Lived Equity that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.
B) You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal. You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users. Content must be accurate and truthful and relevant to the readers of Lived Equity website. Members and content found to be in breach of these terms will be removed from the website and may be refused future access.
C) You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause Lived Equity damage or loss and agree to indemnify Lived Equity in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by Lived Equity as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.
D) Submitted content must not be used as a job recruitment mechanism. Vacancies can only be advertised with prior permission by Lived Equity through the Website’s Opportunities section.
Advertising content and links
Advertisers are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Lived Equity into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Lived Equity is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data are protected in accordance with all applicable data protection regulations. As we are the organisation that determines how and why this data is used we are classed as the ‘Data Controller’ for the data we collect.
Any changes to our policy will be updated on this page and we will notify you directly of any material changes.
For more information or to exercise any of your rights please do not hesitate to contact us directly- email@example.com
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect, use, store and transfer your “personal data”. This can include:
Identity Data such as name, usernames, job title, DOB and images
Demographic Data such as preferences and interests
Contact Data such as email address or telephone number
Technical Data such as IP address, login data, browser type, location, statistical or demographic data
Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, products and services
Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences regarding receiving marketing materials from us and/or our third parties or other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
Due to the nature of our company, we also collect Diversity & Inclusion Data such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender etc., which is known as ‘Special Category Personal Data’ under privacy law.
How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in the membership registration form and the personal information form.
As you interact on the Lived Equity website we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. See our Cookies Policy for more information about cookies on this site.
How do we use your personal data?
The ways in which we process your data and the lawful bases by which we do so are detailed below.
In certain cases, processing your data is required for our products and services to function or for us to be able to deliver the service you have requested. This includes, for example:
Events, webinars, facilitated sessions
To understand the community to better serve them
For cookies - tracking to usage of the platform
Newsletters and updates to personalise the marketing messages
To get members' feedback and input
To manage campaigns
To inform the community of new/ additional services
To tailor partnerships to third parties and job roles
For these processing activities we are operating under the lawful basis of Performance of Contract to deliver on the terms
of a contract and Legitimate Interest where the activity is necessary for our services to function and does not override your
own rights. This may also include sharing data with third parties.
2. Under the lawful basis of legitimate interest, we may profile and analyse your data to help us assess and optimise the
performance of our website, events and other products as well as to assist future planning. Under this basis we will also
use your role, company, activity history and submitted job, and areas of interest to segment our marketing campaigns to
ensure you are only contacted for opportunities relevant to you and to tailor our messaging better.
3. In certain cases we may share your data with third parties where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example,
for our community members we may share your personal data with a third-party research organisation so they can carry
out research, to help us better understand our community’s needs and how we can best meeting these.
4. We will make clear to you how we use your Special Category Personal Data, such as ethnicity and gender, when we
collect that information from you and only with your explicit consent. You can withdraw your consent for us using this type
of data at any time by contacting us.
How long do we keep your data for?
Unless you ask us otherwise, we will retain and use your personal data for as long as your account, membership or subscription is active or no more than 3 years from the point of your latest registration or website login.
How do we protect your data?
We will take appropriate measures to protect your data from unlawful use, unauthorised processing, loss, destruction damage or theft. This includes holding your data securely on our databases with regular backups, firewalls and stringent internal security policies regulating access to your data and its use. Where we use third parties to process your data on our behalf, we ensure that our agreements with them include suitable safeguards for the protection of your data.
If we or any of the third parties we use transfer data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred securely with the correct level of protection applied.
How to control your personal data?
As the data subject, you may choose to control the use of your personal information in the following ways:
Right to Rectification - You have the right to request correction where your data is inaccurate or incomplete and update this data. You can do this by contacting us directly.
Right of access - You have the right to access your personal data. We will require identification to enact any request and will subsequently provide your data within one month. We may refuse the request or ask for a reasonable administration fee to be paid for repeat requests or where a request is manifestly unfounded. Where this is the case we will provide full justification for doing so.
Right to erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. We may ask for more information including identification and your full details to enable us to locate your data for its removal. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to object to or restrict data processing - You have the right to object or to request the restriction of any data processing being conducted at any time. In certain cases, we may refuse the request or ask for a reasonable administration fee. Where this is the case we will provide full justification for doing so.
Right to withdraw consent - You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where you have provided previous consent to us for processing. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can do this by contacting us directly.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Additionally, our sites may deliver third party cookies via third party advertising or applications such as social media sharing buttons – these do not fall within our control.